AnaSpec, Eurogentec Group, has released fluorimetric kits for Cathepsin G, the SensoLyte= 520 Cathepsin G Assay Kit and SensoLyte= Rh110 Cathepsin G Assay Kit.
These long-wavelength, homogeneous assays are suitable for the screening of enzyme inhibitors and activators or for continuous assay of Cathepsin G activity.
The SensoLyte 520 Cathepsin G Assay Kit contains a FRET-based (HiLyte Fluor 488/QXL 520) substrate and the SensoLyte Rh110 Cathepsin G Assay Kit, a fluorogenic substrate labeled with Rh110. These two substrates have excitation/emission at the green wavelengths of 490/520 nm. The longer wavelength spectra and higher extinction coefficient of HiLyte Fluor 488 and Rh110 provide greater sensitivity and less interference from other reaction components.
Cathepsin G is a neutrophil serine protease, stored in cytoplasmic granules and secreted into the extra- and pericellular space upon neutrophil activation1. Cathepsin G plays important role in bacterial defence. It acts in combination with reactive oxygen species to help degrade engulfed microorganisms inside phagolysosomes2,3. Besides bactericidal effect, Cathepsin G regulates the inflammatory response by specifically altering the function of cytokines and chemokines4. Because of its role in host defense, Cathepsin G is of interest as a potential therapeutic target5.
1. Egesten, A. et al. Blood 83, 2985 (1994).
2. Korkmaz, B. et al. Biochimie. 90, 227 (2008).
3. Sieńczyk M. et al. Bioorg Med Chem. 19,8863 (2008).
4. Pham, CT. Nat Rev Immunol. 6, 541 (2006).
5. Korkmaz, B. et al. Pharmacol Rev. 62, 726 (2010).
6. Lesner, A. et al. Anal Biochem. 375, 306 (2008).
7. Greco, MN. et al. J Am Chem Soc. 124, 3810 (2002).
AnaSpec, Eurogentec Group