Agilent Technologies Inc has announced the addition of the BenchBot Robot to its line of automated microplate handling equipment. As part of Agilent’s Automation Solutions instrumentation portfolio, the BenchBot complements the Direct Drive Robot. portfolio, the BenchBot complements the Direct Drive Robot and BenchCel Microplate Handler .
The BenchBot is a mid-sized microplate handler designed to meet the automation workflow needs of diverse laboratories. Ideal for a wide variety of applications, the BenchBot features:
* A compact, scalable design to support a variety of laboratory devices and readers.
* Simple, one-touch teaching for easy integration and fast setup.
* VWorks software scheduling to maximize throughput of a cohesive automation system.
* Easy integration with more than 100 laboratory devices for maximum flexibility.
* Compatibility with labware – including PCR microplates, deep-well microplates, filter microplates, tube racks, and most tip boxes – that complies with the standards set by the American National Standards Institute/Society for Biomolecular Screening.
“The BenchBot Robot incorporates the robust functionality of our larger automated microplate handlers into a compact design for use in small lab spaces, enabling automation of a variety of changing, science-driven workflows,” said Nitin Sood, general manager for Agilent’s Automation Solutions Division. “The BenchBot has the capability to easily integrate with an expansive list of laboratory equipment, increasing its utility for applications from next-generation sequencing and microarray sample preparation to high-throughput LC/MS sample management and numerous cell-based assays.”
The BenchBot Robot will be available to order in February.