Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Breaking the bottleneck of DNA shearing
SonicMan is a high throughput sonication instrument developed by Matrical Bioscience, configurable with 96 and 384-well formats.
SonicMan uses disposable pin lids to transfer sonic energy to each individual well.
* SonicMan can shear 384 DNA samples to 250 bp in hours.
* The random fragments generated are suitable for the sequencing of large genomes.
* Bring the cost per sample down for your laboratory, with no specialised reagents required.
* The software is fully user configurable and easy to use.
* Provides good size distribution across the plate
Other applications of SonicMan include; cell lysis, lysis of zebrafish larvae, transfection and compound dissolution.